October 9, 2016: The Twenty-first Sunday after Pentecost
Celebrant: The Rev. Stephanie Shockley
Deacon and Homilist: Clive Oscar Sang
Organist: Mr. Anthony J. Rafaniello
- Handbell Choir Prelude: “A Simple Prayer” – Linda R. Lamb
- Choir Anthem: “Take My Life, That I May Be” – Scott Perkins
- Postlude: Prelude and Fugue in B-flat, BWV 560 – J.S. Bach
- Click here to listen to the readings by Sarah Gregory, and the Gospel and sermon by Deacon Clive Oscar Sang from the 8 AM service.
- Click here to listen to the readings by Paolo Cammarota and Cindy Concannon, the Gospel and sermon by Deacon Clive Oscar Sang, and prelude, choir anthem and postlude from the 10 AM service.
“Take My Life, That I May Be”
Music by Scott Perkins – Text by Frances R. Havergal
Take my life, that I may be consecrated, Lord, to thee.
Take my moments and my days; let them flow in ceaseless praise.
Take my hands, and let them move at the impulse of thy love.
Take my feet, and let them be swift and beautiful for thee.
Take my voice, and let me sing, always, only for my King.
Take my lips, and let them be filled with messages from thee.
Take my love, my Lord, I pour at thy feet its treasure store.
Take myself, and I will be ever, only, all for thee.
The Worship Service
10 AM: Rite Two
THE LITURGY OF THE WORD
|Processional Hymn||H # 390|
|Collect for Purity||BCP 355|
|Gloria||S # 280|
|Collect of the Day||BCP 234|
|The Lesson||Jeremiah 29: 1, 4-7|
|Psalm||Psalm 66: 1-11|
|The Epistle||2 Timothy 2: 8-15|
|Sequence Hymn||H # 571|
|The Gospel||Luke 17: 11-19|
|Nicene Creed||BCP 358|
|Prayers of the People||Form III|
|The Peace||BCP 360|
THE GREAT THANKSGIVING
|Choir Anthem||see above|
|Offertory Hymn||H # 397|
|Eucharistic Prayer C||BCP 369|
|Sanctus||S # 129|
|The Lord’s Prayer||BCP 364|
|Agnus Dei||S # 163|
|The Invitation||BCP 364|
|Communion Hymns||W # 761, H 424|
|Post Communion Prayer||BCP 365|
|Recessional Hymn||H # 410|