December 4, 2016: The Second Sunday of Advent
Trinity Choir Anthem: “If Jesus is Come”
Text – Adam Tice
Music – Sally Ann Morris
If Jesus is come, let warfare be ended.
If Jesus is come, let violence cease.
If Jesus is come, let earth begin healing,
For he is Messiah, the Prince of Peace.
If Jesus is come, let no one go hungry.
If Jesus is come, let no one be ill.
If Jesus is come and still dwells among us,
Then we have been summoned to seek God’s will.
If Jesus is come, find homes for the homeless.
If Jesus is come, call enemies “friend.”
If Jesus is come, let no one be outcast,
For all of God’s people are ours to tend
If Jesus is come, what tongue can describe it?
If Jesus is come, then all things are new.
If Jesus is come, the Spirit will guide us;
For if we believe, then there’s work to do.
Celebrant and Homilist: The Rev. Stephanie Shockley
Deacon: Clive Oscar Sang
Verger: Anthony Francis Vitale
Organist: Anthony J. Rafaniello
- Piano Prelude: “Nimrod” – Edward Elgar
- Offertory Anthem: “With a Voice of Singing” – Martin Shaw
- Communion Anthem: “If Jesus is Come” – Text by Adam Tice, Music by Sally Ann Morris
- Postlude “Bereden vag Herran” – Paul Manz
- Click here to listen to the readings by Sarah Gregory, the Gospel by Deacon Clive Oscar Sang, and the homily by the Rev. Stephanie Shockley, from the 8 AM service.
- Click here to listen to the readings by Brandon Strawder & Paolo Cammarota, the Gospel by Deacon Clive Oscar Sang, and the homily by the Rev. Stephanie Shockley, as well as the prelude, choir anthems, postlude and other audio from the 10 AM service.
The Worship Service
10 AM: Rite Two
THE LITURGY OF THE WORD
|Processional Hymn||H # 59|
|Collect for Purity||BCP 355|
|Trisagion||S # 100|
|Collect of the Day||BCP 211|
|The Lesson||Isaiah 11: 1-10|
|Psalm||72: 1-7, 18-19|
|The Epistle||Romans 15: 4-13|
|Sequence Hymn||H # 76|
|The Gospel||Matthew 3: 1-12|
|Nicene Creed||BCP 358|
|Prayers of the People||Form I|
|The Peace||BCP 360|
THE GREAT THANKSGIVING
|Choir Anthem||see above|
|Offertory Hymn||H # 66|
|Eucharistic Prayer B||BCP 367|
|Sanctus||S # 124|
|The Lord’s Prayer||BCP 364|
|Agnus Dei||S # 161|
|The Invitation||BCP 364|
|Communion Hymn||H # 534|
|Post Communion Prayer||BCP 365|
|Recessional Hymn||H # 65|