October 30, 2016: The Twenty-fourth Sunday after Pentecost
Celebrant: The Rev. Stephanie Shockley
Homilist: Seminarian Allison Burns-LaGreca
Verger: Anthony Francis Vitale
Organist: Anthony J. Rafaniello
- Prelude: “Ein’ feste Burg” – Wilbur Held
- Choir Anthem: “Jerusalem, My Happy Home” – Arr. Gerald Custer
- Postlude: Improvisation on Aurelia
- Click here to listen to the readings by Terry Nechuta, the Gospel by the Rev. Stephanie Shockley, and the sermon by Seminarian Allison Burns-LaGreca from the 8 AM service.
- Click here to listen to the readings by Carolee Stewart-Gardiner and Max Bursack, the Gospel by the Rev. Stephanie Shockley, and sermon by our seminarian Allison Burns-LaGreca, as well as the prelude, choir anthem and postlude from the 10 AM service.
“Jerusalem, My Happy Home” – Arr. Gerald Custer; An early American melody
Jerusalem, my happy home, when shall I come to thee?
When shall my troubles have an end? Thy joys, when shall I see?
There David stands with harp in hand as master of the choir:
Ten thousand times ten thousand blest, all who this music hear.
There Mary sings Magnificat with tune surpassing sweet,
And all the holy ones bear their part, a sitting at her feet.
There Magdalen hath left her moan, and cheerfully doth sing
With blessed saints whose harmony in every street doth ring.
Jerusalem, my happy home, God grant that I may see
Thine endless joy, and of the same, a true partaker be!
The Worship Service
10 AM: Rite Two
THE LITURGY OF THE WORD
|Processional Hymn||H # 688|
|Collect for Purity||BCP 355|
|Gloria||S # 280|
|Collect of the Day||BCP 235|
|The Lesson||Habakkuk 1: 1-4; 2:1-4|
|The Epistle||2 Thessalonians 1: 1-4, 11-12|
|Sequence Hymn||WLP # 782|
|The Gospel||Luke 19: 1-10|
|Nicene Creed||BCP 358|
|Prayers of the People||Form III|
|The Peace||BCP 360|
THE GREAT THANKSGIVING
|Choir Anthem||see above|
|Offertory Hymn||H # 488|
|Eucharistic Prayer C||BCP 369|
|Sanctus||S # 129|
|The Lord’s Prayer||BCP 364|
|Agnus Dei||S # 163|
|The Invitation||BCP 364|
|Communion Hymns||L # 151, H 488|
|Post Communion Prayer||BCP 365|
|Recessional Hymn||H # 525|